Learning through experiences
This term we have seen:
- Cherry class making friends and building self-confidence;
- Plum Class having so much fun learning about Goldilocks and the Three Bears;
- Reception children exploring the seasonal changes associated with autumn, having fun investigating and exploring the signs of autumn outside and collecting autumn treasures;
- The children in Year 1 making their own videos on how to get to the park and the places we go past on our way. They had fun at the park once we were there!
- Year 2 classes have visiting London as part of their unit of learning about the Tower of London. They had a full day of history and even got to see the Crown Jewels! All of the children behaved wonderfully and were a real credit to Dashwood;
- Maple class taking part in a scavenger hunt as an introduction to their geography topic;
- Year 3 pupils exploring Horley and completing field skills in their geography unit of work. They were respectful and showed amazing curiosity;
- Year 3 pupils have also been lucky enough to visit a local quarry and become archaeologists digging for fossils.
- Year 4 having a great day out orienteering at Wykham Park. They used their fantastic teamwork skills as well as problem solving to follow the clues. They had some great help from the Junior Leaders from Wykham Park- some of whom were former Dashwood students!
- Year 4 and Year 5 pupils have also explored our new Creator Space. They were imaginative and worked together to create sculptures they have displayed for all to see;
- Year 6 pupils have been creating art work whilst learning about Black History Month and have started their IMPS visits where they have learned about basic first aid skills. They were so intrigued and showed great engagement. Year 6 were also given the opportunity to experience a mini BMX cycle track as part of the women’s bike race. They really enjoyed the challenges they were given ad showed amazing confidence to take action.
It is so wonderful to see the pupils having so much fun in their learning already!
See the individual year group pages under the Classes tab for more activities and photos.